Saturday, April 14, 2012

Tattoo on upper back 2 weeks ago, now w/ bumps?

Tattoo place closed today, thought I'd ask here- I got a large tattoo on my upper back and I just developed about 4-5 pimple like bumps 1 inch from tattoo, spread all around, it itches. She did shave before tattooing (although I'm female and think I don't have much hair there) do you think it might be just ingrown hair? Tattoo looks great though



Tattoo on upper back 2 weeks ago, now w/ bumps?

The reason the artist shaved the area to be tattooed is to avoid the needle pushing hair in to your skin. We all have "peach fuzz" covering our entire bodies. My husband is a professional tattoo artist and he shaves the area for every tattoo he does. This does help prevent ingrown hairs. What and how much ointment are you using. This could also be the problem. To much ointment isn't good either. I recommend using A %26amp; D ointment. Use a very thin layer of the ointment. I am very heavily tattooed and have never had any problems. All of my tattoos heal very nicely. I hope this helps. Also if the bumps arent on the tattoo itself I doubt it is a reaction to the ink.If you were having a reaction to the ink your tattoo would be bumpy or swollen. If it is just around the tattoo I would say that it is probally the ointment. Good Luck !



Tattoo on upper back 2 weeks ago, now w/ bumps?

The same thing happened on my arm. You may be slightly allergic to one of the ink colors, or maybe something she put on to shave, or maybe it's ingrown hairs. If you have a latex allergy and she used latex gloves, that could be it too I suppose. I think mine was a slight ink allergy, but it went away and everything's fine now. You may wanna get another tattoo artist to check it out, though, if your artist is not available.



Tattoo on upper back 2 weeks ago, now w/ bumps?

Ingrown hair. Sometimes ink breaks people out at first too. Plus whatever ointment youve been using couldve broken you out.



Tattoo on upper back 2 weeks ago, now w/ bumps?

because the bumps are mainly at your bra-line, it could be that ur bra is rubbing the already very raw skin from where it was shaved and then a needle repeatedly piercing the skin. Also, sweat and (i kno it sounds gross, but everyone has it) bacteria could be stuck in the open pores of your skin.The bra rubbing it in can't be helping either.

No comments:

Post a Comment