Thursday, April 26, 2012

Why do I get so many ingrown hairs? I shave properly.. wash my face properly.. still get them, any a

Ingrown hair is the result of hair getting cut or broken below skin level and then growing into the side of the hair follicle instead of out.



Depending on the location of the hair, you have two options for freeing it:



Allow it to continue growing and eventually free itself. This method works best when combined with daily moisturizing and gentile exfoliation to remove any dead skin that could be blocking the hair閳ユ獨 escape. If a pustule forms, gently squeezing it can cause the hair to pop up to the surface.



Using a freshly sterilized pair of tweezers or a needle, you can fish the tip out from underneath this surface of the skin.



Freeing the hair holds the advantage of allowing the skin to heal before another hair removal attempt, when coupled with the prevention techniques in the next section it will offer you the best chance of eliminating ingrown hair completely.



Witch Hazel is a fantastic remedy !!! But only apply as needed.



For razor burn and razor bumps, pat the effected area with apple cidar vinegar.



Simply put aloe vera on the effected area. This also helps with razor bumps.



Baby rash cream works wonders. After u shave rub some on.



Exfoliate



Use a gentile exfoliant every day to remove built up dead skin cells that can clog the surface of your skin and trap hair, causing it to become ingrown. Exfoliating pads, loofahs, and mild scrubs work well. Look for cleansers that contain Salicylic acid.



=)



Why do I get so many ingrown hairs? I shave properly.. wash my face properly.. still get them, any advice?

You need to exfoliate your skin regularly. Scrubs work by removing the top layer of dead skin cells that tend to dull your complexion.By removing pollutants deposited from previously used cosmetics and shaving creams, healthy skin cells are allowed to come to the surface.



Why do I get so many ingrown hairs? I shave properly.. wash my face properly.. still get them, any advice?

Someone said that you need to exfoliate and this is true, but for some of us, me included, this is just not enough. There is a product called Tend Skin that works for me. It is carried at beauty supply stores and drugstores. It works for the ingrowns I used to get on my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment